Dr. Stephanie Cordes, ND
Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
Hi everyone, my name is Stephanie Cordes and I’m a naturopathic doctor with a keen interest in mental health, digestion, addiction, trauma, holistic care, and LGBTQ wellness. I am thrilled to join the talented team at Kura after years of running an independent practice. My goal is to set my clients up with the tools, skills, and knowledge they need to resolve and better manage their health challenges.
Health education and increased access to complementary healthcare are long-time passions of mine, and I work to build a practice consistent with those values. I believe structural violence is a major factor affecting our health and wellness. As a result, I focus on empowering people by delivering trauma-informed care, offer insight about health conditions and current health research, and involve clients in the creation of their own realistic treatment plans. My goal is to address the root cause so you can function at your optimal level and feel like yourself again.
I also work at Guelph Community Acupuncture where we offer sliding scale acupuncture treatments and where clients frequently feel so relaxed they fall asleep in their chairs. I am a regular volunteer with Wellington Water Watchers, love to take my bike for a ride through wooded areas, knit A LOT, enjoy a good concert, and like to spend time in the community here in Guelph.
I’m a graduate of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, a member in good standing with the College of Naturopaths of Ontario, and a proud member of the People’s Organization of Community Acupuncture (POCA).
Additional Training Includes:
- Master Herbalism: An Advance Understanding of Herbs for Health Care Pracitioners (60 hours) with John Redden, RH, 2018
- Addictions Webinar, Project Starlight with Dr Aaron Van Gayer, ND, 2017
- Depression Masterclass, Health Masters Live, 2017
- Superseding SIBO with Dr Preet Khangura, 2016
- Trans and Gender-Diverse Primary Care, Rainbow Health Ontario Training, 2015
- Natural Endocrinology, Health Masters Live, 2015
- Acupuncture Balance Method, Core Foundations Acupuncture Trainings by Dr. Richard Teh Fu Tan, 2014