Inducing Labour Naturally with Naturopathic Medicine
At Kura, we offer gentle, natural and safe techniques that can help your body to start labour. It is recommended to start at 40 weeks, but can be used anytime after 37 weeks until birth of baby.
- Botanical Medicine- to ripen the cervix and initiate labour.
- Acupuncture/Acupressure– to initiate labour and dilation of cervix through stimulation of specific points. Acupuncture stengthens the uterus and strengthens weak contractions. It can also address imbalances caused by fear, anxiety, and stress.
- Homeopathic remedies– uses specific remedies based on the mother’s physical and/or mental state.
- HypnoBirthing®- uses techniques such as guided imagery, visualization, and special breathing to release fears and anticipate a positive birthing image.
- Other- may include nutritional, physical (positions) or other lifestyle recommendations that can help to start labour.
- Registered Massage Therapy is another safe technique that can be used to induce labour. Also available at Kura Naturopathic Clinic by one of our experienced registered massage therapists.
Fees: Initial Naturopathic Consultation $240, includes a complete initial naturopathic consultation and first acupuncture treatment (1.5 hr consultation).
$95 for subsequent visits. All services (except HypnoBirthing) billed as naturopathic services and may be covered by insurance health benefits.
Other services offered: