“When you change the way you view your birth, the way you birth will change.”Marie F. Mongan
HypnoBirthing® Prenatal Classes
With the four basic HypnoBirthing techniques; breathing, relaxation, visualization and deepening you will learn how to condition your mind and body for a fearless and peaceful childbirth.
- Trusting your body
- Bonding with baby
- Releasing fears
- Breathing techniques, visualization & guided imagery
- Positive thought & relaxation
- Lessen or eliminate discomfort and the need for medication
- Natural labour induction techniques
- Labour and Birthing positions
Ideal time to begin the class: 26 weeks of pregnancy (minimum 5-6 before due date) Of course, you are more than welcome to join us at any time.
Dates: Classes are ongoing every 5-8 weeks. Please contact our clinic to see when the best class is for you.
Time: 6:30- 9:00 pm
Location: Kura Naturopathic Clinic board room
Fees: $375 includes a progressive relaxation and birthing affirmation CD. **Billed as Naturopathic Education. If you private insurance, it’s a good idea to call your insurance company in advance to confirm they will cover the classes.
Refresher classes also available. Please contact our office for details.
HypnoBirthing® is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing. This amazing program teaches you, along with your birthing companion, the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner. You will learn how to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant and thus lessen, or even eliminate, discomfort and the need for medication. When a woman is properly prepared for childbirth and when mind and body are in harmony, Nature is free to function in the same well-designed manner that it does with all animal mothers in Nature.
You will be fascinated as you view HypnoBirthing® films, showing laboring mothers, awake, alert and in good humor as they experience the kind of gentle birth that you, too, can know when you are free of the fear that causes pain and tension. Through self-hypnosis, special breathing, and visualization, HypnoBirthing® teaches you to release all prior programming about birth, how to trust your body and work with it, as well as how to free yourself of harmful emotions that lead to pain-causing fear and unyielding muscles.
HypnoBirthing® will teach you the art of using your own natural birthing instincts. With HypnoBirthing®, you will not be in a trance or a sleep state. You will be aware and fully in control, but profoundly relaxed.
- Teaches deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and, thus, pain
- Greatly reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical painkillers and drugs
- Shortens the first phase of labor
- Leaves mother alert, fresh, awake and with energy
- Helps keep oxygen supplied to baby during birthing
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy
- Reduces and often eliminates fatigue during labor
- Empowers parents with useful techniques
- Gives the birthing companion an integral role in the birthing
- Teaches breathing techniques that allow a woman to gently breathe her baby down
Other services offered:
- Labour support and acupuncture for Natural Labour Induction
- Birthing pool rental
- HypnoBirthing for Fertility
- Baby Food Introduction Workshop ‘ The Naturopathic Perspective